Random Thursday {September 06}

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Random Thursday {September 06}

It's another Thursday again! Yes! 

We'd like to thank everyone who signed up and showed interest in our women's workshop, The Pink Tarha Mornings. We received an overwhelming response and we wished we could accommodate all of you but we'd like to keep the workshop small for now so we can focus on the subjects. Who knows there might be a second one? Haha. And for those who emailed us good things about the blog, THANK YOU VERY MUCH! We appreciate them and we promise to make the blog better.

So how are you this fine Thursday morning? I'm sure most of you are still asleep. Let me guess, it's the men who are snoozing overtime. Haha. As for yours truly, I'm having breakfast while typing this. How I can feed myself spoonfuls of sinangag (Filipino fried rice) while tapping away in my keyboard is beyond me. But hey, a Pink Tarha lady's got to do what a Pink Tarha lady's got to do. Haha!

Here's a round up of interesting things this week...


Abu Bakr Ar Razi Street, the street going to Military Hospital from Dabat Street, is my neighborhood and from what I'm seeing, it's becoming a little Batha. From having branches of Enjaz, Telemoney, salons, and popular Filipino restaurants and bakeries, this street is the mini "place to be" for Filipino expats. The opening soon Jollibee branch is also here and Skyfreight for cargo and TFC transactions. Wow, I'm glad I live in this area. Although I might have to rethink that once traffic and the huge crowds get in.


I was cleaning my closet when I chanced upon my stash of Bath and Body Works, which I got from the sale a few months back. These are my favorite scents, along with Sweet Pea. There's a new line in B&BW with the theme, "Paris". Have you seen it in the stores yet? But before hoarding again, check your closets and cabinets for B&BW products that you might have bought before. I'm sure you have them in there. Use them first, or better yet give them away as pasalubongs. I'm sure my sisters are already eyeing the babies above.


Have you tried Lush's Emotional Brilliance cosmetics line already? You should! They have it in this cute containers that remind you of art supplies or a medicine bottle/dropper. Haha! There are words in there that speak about and match your personality. They sure pack a lot of colors. See my mini review below.

Beauty reviews
I've had these amazing products for a few weeks already and have used them a couple of times. The Tito Nail Polish came from one of our favorite nail spas in Riyadh, Four Nail Spa and Salon. They come in 99 vibrant colors. Macau, a gorgeous and elegant blue green color with shimmers, caught my attention immediately. The nail polish itself was easy to apply and goes on smooth. It doesn't hurt that it's perfect for the dry weather in Riyadh. It doesn't chip easily and the color stays vibrant for days.

The liquid lip color Believe came from Lush's Emotional Brilliance line and dare I say it? It is indeed brilliant. A little drop goes a long way. It really packs a wallop of that solid raspberry ice cream color. So pigmented! I had the mistake of putting too many in my cheeks (yes, it can be used as blush) and my driver looked stunned when he saw me. Hahaha. So now, I just use a small drop for my lips and cheeks. The color is good and it lasts longer compared to the usual lipstick. I suggest you put a balm on your lips first before swiping it on. Oh, and use a proper lip brush.


You know what's good to eat on a Thursday brunch? Fresh pizzas and bruchetta! Piatto, our venue for the Pink Tarha Mornings, have these! Don't they look so good to eat right now? Oh yes, we are excited for our first workshop and it's great we have a very good venue for it. I mean, how refreshing will it be to learn something new in a courtyard and having a nice brunch after?


Speaking of eating, I'm reminded of these "sporks" our boss got for us via online shopping. He does know how much we love to eat. Haha. And this is more than a spork because if you look closely, it even has a "knife" in there. Genius! Perfect for guerilla eating! Hehe. I wonder if this comes in pink?


Yesterday, the ladies and I were going gaga over Solestruck's SALE. Hello, shoes!!! And I remembered we haven't shown you what we bought from the last Solestruck sale a few months ago. So here it is! Or them. Our friend got those patented purple, okay shocking purple, boots from Ego and Greed. She loved them! I got the fuchsia gladiator sandals from the To Be Announced line. You won't believe how many times I had to wrap the black lace on my legs before I was done putting them. Hahah. But they're nice and definitely a scene stealer. The Michael Kors box contains a pair of black boots and the girl scout box? It's a Jeffrey Campbell pink Moochie. Oh you just have to wait for the ones we ordered yesterday. You'll be shocked. Hahah.


To end this random Thursday entry, I bring you a photo I snapped on the way home. Yes, that is still in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia even if it reminds me of somewhere else. We just know Riyadh as that hot, stifling, strict city that doesn't have much to offer aside from sand when it comes to "nature". But if you just know where to look, you will also get to see glimpses of the other side of Riyadh - simple, bright, hopeful - from time to time.

Have a nice weekend, everyone! ~ Sundrenched

2 had something to say:

Anonymous said...

Although I'm a saudi person I find your posts to be very entertaining and fresh and sometimes I learn about new places from you,but the thing I like the most about your blog is that i find you to be respectful to our culture and you are always saying some nice things about living in riyadh,because trust me I know how hard is it for foreigners to live here and try to understand the saudi mentality.So thank you and keep up the good work.

The Pink Tarha said...

Thank you very much for your kind words. We appreciate Saudis reading our blog and finding it entertaining and fresh. :) We have nothing but respect for other people's culture and tradition because we also have those back in the Philippines and we want the foreigners and expats over there to treat our culture and customs with respect also.

Have a nice day! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...