The House of Steak

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The House of Steak

Seriously, I've run out of introductions for a food entry. But when talking about food, who needs introductions? I am willing to forego the mandatory intro but I want to torture you with juicy words before torturing you with even juicier photos. That's the cruelty of life, sometimes you have to go through it. :P

We're done with Applebee's, Tony Roma's, and Friday's... Now we go to the same kind of resto minus the 's on its name... STEAK HOUSE. I went at the Grenada Center branch last month. It surely made me full to the brim! Feeling ko nasa tiyan ko pa yung kinain ko a day after.

The atmosphere of the restaurant is the same as the others mentioned above. Very American with a wooden, wild, wild West ambiance. Steak House though has sparse decors compared to TGIF's pop icons. Their walls aren't adorned with old movie posters like Applebee's. Theirs is a few lamps and coal irons which are okay since we came to eat and not gawk on the fixtures overhead. The staff is friendly and fast (syempre, kabayan eh! ;). The aircon though is not in full blast, it was rather warm inside... okay, okay... I'll stop describing the place and on to the food.

The Steak House Sampler, SR40

This hodge podge of appetizers - buffalo drummettes, mozzarella cheese sticks, chicken fingers, and stuffed jalapeno cheese served with a variety of sauces - redeemed us from the agony of making delicious choices.

Black Rock Grill
Tenderloin (SR94) / Sirloin (SR79) / Ribeye (SR79) with side dishes (fries and onion rings here)


Steak House has this very interesting new way of cooking steak. Instead of serving the meat in sizzling plates, you have a choice of ordering the tenderloin, sirloin, and ribeye in their Black Rock Grill. It's a cooking method which uses volcanic (graphite) stone heated to 440 degree Celsius (hot, hot!!!). The marbled meat is placed on a square of this and you can cook on your table! So it's hard to complain about the way they cooked your steak because if the cooking screwed up, it's your fault! But there's really no complaints in this method because it brings out the full flavor of the beef without the need for oil and sauces. For a very hot technique, this one is sooo cool.

10oz Ribeye Steak, SR69 with baked potato

I love my steak medium well. The meat, glistening in its oily glory, is soft and the fat is oh-so juicy (groan for my so-called diet). I didn't even have to call my inner masculinity to rip this meat apart. I was graceful enough to use the knife they provided, and boy did it slice through painlessly! The side dish of baked potato with cheese and sour cream is nothing spectacular. I had to dig deep for the cream to appear but it's in there. I ignored the boiled, bland veggies. I will not go health-conscious while eating steak noh.

New World Combo Fajita, SR65

This is one filled dish. It has (brace yourself) marinated chicken breast, tender beef, shrimps, grilled onions, bell peppers, green peppers, diced tomato, shredded cheese, crispy lettuce, refried beans, Fajita rice, and warm tortillas. (Now breathe...oh wait, I'm not done yet...) There's also dips of sour cream and guacamole. The chefs have probably used every ingredient they have in their kitchen and gave it all they've got on this plate. It would have been better if they served this warm.

Grilled chicken sandwich, SR29 with fries

This is okay, nothing great, but it sure is big. It's probably the healthiest among our dinner choices. Hooray for my mother who's thinking healthy (but not really putting much effort on it, hehe!).

Iced Tea, SR7

The drink is refreshing although I had the mistake of pouring too much sugar syrup. Good thing there's the slice of lemon to add a sour twist to my drink that can give diabetics a good scare. I nearly stole the mug. Ain't it cute? It's a mug that looks like a big-mouthed bottle, or vice-versa.

Bread, free (with a Budweiser, SR8)

It's not the perfect combo okay and I'm not suggesting you eat bread and gulp beer. I'm saying it's good they provided free bread and... I do not have any photo of the Budweiser on its own so I have to insert it here. :P Don't put your hopes too up, this beer in non-alcoholic as usual.

Brownie Delight, SR25

The menu says the brownie is homemade. I don't think so. It doesn't taste homemade because of its chiffon-like consistency. I thought it'll be thick and rich but I'm mistaken. Anyway, a slice of it and scoop of the vanilla ice cream drizzled with chocolate syrup is perfect for the sweet tooth.

Solo Indulgence, SR11 (chocolate and strawberry)

What is not good in ice cream?

I don't think I need to put an ending paragraph to this. I highly doubt if you'll reach this part anyway. I'm sure your eyes are still glued to the food. That, or you're already running to the nearest Steak House in your area.

Branches here.

9 had something to say:

Anonymous said...

hi sis! my bf just started working there...our plans initially was he wld just test the waters there before he can look for a job for me...pero he said after a few days, parang its not advisable daw esp for me to be there plus the fact that we arent married yet...di lang daw kame mag eenjoy dun..his plans is just to finish off the contract..kung pwede din makaipon and pay the bond, uuwi na din sya..pero id like him to try...and to persuade him that pwede ako dyan...pero he's rly scared for my well-being...naiinis ako na natouched..pero since ive been an avid reader of your blog, it seems ok naman dyan eh...i dont know how to convince him...sabi kasi nya, yung mga girls dyan, accompanied ng mga kapamilya...eh since wala ako kapamilya dyan, sino na lang mag accompany sa kin...huhuhu..teka pano ko pa makikita yung reply nu sa tanong ko?? hihihihi thanks

Pinky said...

Tried Steak House here in Dammam fairly recently when we were treated there by hubby's colleague for his birthday... Was I surprised that they were actually offering a (sirloin) steak buffet at that time - eat-all-you-can, man!!! And yes, I do agree that the place offers good value for money. :)

Though I managed to eat only one 8 oz steak with soup and salad, I was one happy camper! Highly recommended for heavy eaters/meat lovers :)

Anonymous said...

woow!! yummy! i should go on diet now so that i'll have room to pig out when i arrive in riyadh!...

btw any furniture shops, aside from ikea, that you can recommend...First thing first, we need to furnish our humble abode.

Anonymous said...

Yummy! It's actually one of my favorite restos here in Alkhobar. Personally, I think they're even better than Chilis, Applebees and Friday's. Sabi ng iba, masarap din daw sa Tony Roma's. Pero dahil hindi ko pa natry, hindi ko rin masabi.

I particularly liked their soup and salad.

p. l,ogic said...

i might have to agree with isladenebz -- that Steak House is indeed better than Chilis, Applebees and Friday's :p I tried Tony Roma's too and it's safe to say Steak House is still pretty much there on the top (no kidding).

Maybe, you could also review DUO Restaurant right there at North Ring Road (i don't know if this is possible as it's a little out-of-the-way).

@ Anonymous: If you'd give me your BF's name, maybe i can help you convince him :)

eyecandy23 said...

i haven't tried STEAK HOUSE at all! i'm still waiting for someone to treat me out to dinner there. hmmm...i wonder who could that someone be.....? and i wonder if that someone is reading this right now.... :P

Anonymous said...

i love steak house....so much...

Anonymous said...

Hi , i like the steakhouse itself but since my fiancee is already working there a steakhouse..my god! he doesnt have time for us..LAGARE sa trabaho sa knila at super lahat ng nakaktapos ng contract and umuuwi for bakasyon eh d na bumabalik kaya super kulang sila sa tao ang management SUPER PANGIT!! as in..hayz...the serving the food WOW but the waiters if u'll asked them if their happy working there ...? i dunno but for sure they will answer a big NO!! instead of resting kailangan ng miting , as in patayan sila not only my fiancee is telling that but also my cuzin takenote! they worked in different branches but same comment ni also heard some of their co-waiters are also having a hard time .. kaya i wont suggest this company to my other frend, relatives who wants to worked abroad!!

Anonymous said...

PAngit ang management sa Steakhouse kaya i dont suggest this to my frenz and relatives who want to work abroad esp. if their applying as waiter not in this company...

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...