Kami MISMO!

Monday, May 4, 2009

Kami MISMO!

When was the last time you became proud as a Filipino? Right. Yesterday when Manny Pacquiao stunned Ricky Hatton in a swift victory. Before that blink-and-you'll-miss-it win, when was the last time you felt good about being a Filipino, seriously? Right. You couldn't remember.

Okay, so our government is filled with corrupt officials who don't give a damn about their countrymen (burn in hell you trapos!), our people are languishing in poverty (hello Philippines, hello third world!) and our resources are nearly depleted... but, ARE YOU? Are you now corrupted, poor, and wasted like your country that you refuse to hope that things will become better? We will become better? The choice is ours to make. So let's do something (much better than doing nothing)! Whether it be a small or a big deed, let's give apathy a cold shoulder and start caring for the Philippines and our countrymen instead.

Let's start by chanting: AKO MISMO ANG KIKILOS PARA SA BAYAN KO!

"No more complaints, no more excuses."
Make a stand at AkoMismo.org
"Simulan mo ang pagkilos tungo sa muling pagbangon ng Pilipinas. Maliit man o malaki, ikaw mismo ang magsasabi kung ano ang gagawin mo."
As for the Pink Tarha's more specific pledges?

"Stop merely surviving and start living."

The Pink Tarha Girls do solemnly pledge that we will continue to spread the love for the Philippines and our countrymen, especially to global Pinoys, through this blog. We promise to uphold the virtues and values of true-blue (pink?! :P) Filipinas and won't let other nationalities discriminate us by gender or color. We ♥ Pinas!

We are also encouraging Pinoy expats in Saudi Arabia to register for the Overseas Absentee Voting. Here's the schedule of registration activities for May. Our votes matter! They will count it. Well, pwede nilang gamitin sa pandaraya pero at least pwede mong ipagyabang sa buong mundo na pag pumalpak ang nanalong presidente sa 2010 na hindi sya ang ibinoto mo. :P We're given the right to vote, let's exercise it! Pag hindi ka bomoto, wala kang karapatang magreklamo masyado.

Ikaw, ano ang gagawin mo para sa kinabukasan ng bayang ito?

6 had something to say:

Anonymous said...

I will vote kahit pa nga ni minsan hindi pa nanalo ang kung sinumang presidente ang ibinoto ko. But I will still vote! Because I have the right to choose my next president.

Post ko rin tong tag na to sa blog ko ha?

And yes...I'm proud of Manny, prouder that he's a Filipino.

The Pope said...

I always believe on the sanctity of the ballot, the right to vote is a cornerstone of our democracy, and CHANGE can only be achieve if we will VOTE, it is our fundamental right, so let our voices be heard this May 2010.

I'll follow that link, a blessed evening to you Ladies.

Francesca said...

i should register even hindi man ako makaboto kasi layo ng NIce to Paris 9hours by car at least i register;
and kahit maging french man ako soon i take a dual cit to support our country even sa taxes man lng;

now if corrupt man sila its up to them

at leasst i contribute to my country to pay my taxes honestly
and be obedience to the law and not a problem to the govt

if corrupt man sila there's a God that look after it and will render justice in propoer time;

Anonymous said...

Pag hindi ka bomoto, wala kang karapatang magreklamo masyado.- I think I said this before too.

Careful about the ako mismo thing...controversy about it abounds here in the home island. some propaganda sh*t daw sya.

anyway. I like the fact that I can type my pledge much like a plurk and check on it again one day.

Oh unfortunately...I won't vote. I mean, I can't because I didn't register. Or know when the registration is. Or care to vote since where I come from *coughs the sound of Batangas* dagdag-bawas is a way of the politicos.

Yes, I will not complain much. But I know because I won't vote, I don't have the right to have children, hope my little sister would have a subsidized but excellent education or hope for peace where the best beaches in the country might be at.

The Pink Tarha said...

^Yes, we've heard that Ako Mismo might be a political propaganda. If this is true, the one who thought of this is a genius (good in terms of the brilliant concept but bad because it's used for political ambitions, blah!).

Anyway, we think that Ako Mismo still drives a valid point. We, on our own abilities and capabilities, must do something for our country. Our pledges are not meant to be promises to vote for whoever is behind Ako Mismo but promises to ourselves, to the Philippines, and the Filipino people.

Anonymous said...

simone: It also has a commercial. And they have tried to defunk that this is just some campaign material. but I guess it is a nice idea.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...