Trying to Fight Off the Cobwebs

Monday, March 15, 2010

Trying to Fight Off the Cobwebs


OUR BLOG HAS been gathering up some dust lately, yes, we know. We won't narrate excuses, we'll just dive back right into work...or at the very least try. I am also aware that I haven't unveiled yet! Pa-importante kasi! Joke! Consider me the deviant during the anniversary special, but ever since M raised the bar so high for the unveiling, I was left to ponder my fate. Hopefully ladies and gentlemen, you will meet a delectable Eyecandy soon!

So what have we missed? Ahh, of course, yesterday's Pacquiao-Clottey fight. Honestly, I was quite worried the night before the game because I thought perhaps Africans had much more strength and brute behind their built compared to the average-sized Filipino frame. Apparently, size did not matter much to the fight last night as it was obvious that our National Fist was the pestle, pounding Clottey like a clove of garlic in a mortar.


Mayweather is the one to beat now.
I guess it's true when they say, "Once you go black, you never go back!" ;)

MANNY, CONGRATULATIONS!

WE WILL SUPPORT YOU ALL THE WAY!

--

In line with our global sense of the Filipino Pride and the recently celebrated International Women's Day last March 8, I'd like to share with you this short video that aims to empower the Global Filipina. The full length premiere of this documentary will be showcased at the Godolphin Ballroom, Emirates Towers, Dubai on March 27, 2010. I hope our dear readers residing in Dubai can support this film. It carries the important message of breaking the stereotyping of Filipino women abroad and empowering us today to make that change and rise above the lowly labels that Filipinas are seemingly known for. Here is the trailer of The Empowered Filipina, A Woman of Substance:






Til next time....Cheers!
-ec-



3 had something to say:

Anonymous said...

Ditto.

I think it's the changing weather.

Or maybe we need something to really inspire us to write again.

O siguro dapat kumain ako sa Baguette which is a new resto here in Khobar. Tagal ko na kc balak un pero hindi matuloy-tuloy.

Will watch the video when I get home.

Pinky said...

So nice to have you girls back :) Looking forward to more posts (*no pressure*) ;)

And yes, congrats again to the Pambansang Kamao for another victory! I just wish he stuck with his battles in the ring - where he always shines - and not in the messier arena of Philippine politics. But I digress...

Mookie-Mookie said...

long time no see pink tarha!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...