What's Inside P's Bag

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

What's Inside P's Bag

I like bags. I seem to collect a lot over the years. But most of them are hanging on my wall, rarely used. I don't know why but I seem to use the same old bag over and over again. There's something comforting about an old reliable bag... and the fact that you know that your keys are right where they're supposed to be.... I'm a bit of a scatterbrain and I often lose my keys, have a mini panic attack and sigh in relief when I do find them... Eyecandy is actually afraid I might develop OCD because of this. Therefore, only one bag for the whole work week... unless I have time to swap bags...

And there are those bags that speak to you... like love at first sight, you zero in on this lovely bag and you know that you can't leave the shop without it... it beckons... it teases... until you throw caution into the wind! Yes, that's what shopping is like for me... it's a guilt trip cum therapy of sorts.

To tell you honestly, brand is really not a big issue for me. Like this bag... it's unbranded... I bought it at Jarir of all places! But it's roomy and has a lot of pockets-- it even has a pocket that fits my iPad! It's durable, it looks like the type that would look wonderfully vintage in a few years... something that I find appealing in leather bags... and the indisputable fact that it pulled me out of my morning stupor.



So what's in my bag? I normally carry around a water bottle, my keys, makeup kit, toiletries bag, wallet, ID, flash drives, iPad and iPhone and of course data cables. It's pretty basic to be honest... 


Of course you must never go out without your wallet and your documents! The most important things I always check before I leave any place are my wallet, my iqama, my medical insurance card, my keys and my phone pouch (with the phone in it!)

Ohhh, I love the fact that I can do almost everything with my iPhone. I think they have every app imaginable to make life easier. Hahaha! The only thing I can't do on the iPhone is read my PDF books (screen is too small)... so that's why I have an iPad. As an online student and a bookworm, it's just really convenient to have all of your textbooks and modules in this really thin package! I just love it! ^_^

And then there's my make up kit. I love make up! It may not seem obvious because I don't glam up a lot but I do keep a sizable stash with me... and I carry it everywhere I go...  I am a self professed MAC fan. Majority of my makeup is from this brand. I have products that I just use in the morning and keep on my dresser and I have some that I bring everywhere!

Clockwise from left: MAC Strobe Cream, Satin MAC Red Lipstick, Vegas Bolts Lipstick, MAC Liquidlast Liner, Lustre, Lipglass, Red Lipliner, MAC Select Cover Up concealer, MAC Studio Finish Concealer and MAC Studio Fix Loose Powder. 

I love to use makeup brushes... well, not all... just those that I can figure out... like that blush brush that I won't replace or that MAC brush that I so love. But as much as I love makeup, I am utterly clueless about color... thus my very safe color palette of browns and nudes for my eyeshadow..  The only color you'll find in my face is my lipstick. That, I can blend! Hahaha!

I also have a stash of toiletries in my bag. Again, pretty basic stuff like mouthwash, toothpaste, portable toothbrush, hand sanitizer, nasal drops, Strepsils, pain relievers, anti-histamine tabs, a comb, a mirror, lotion, some pins and wet wipes.


So that's what's inside my bag. They say you can glean a lot from what's inside a person's bag (my best friend likes to "kalikot"  my wallet too... hehe). I often wonder how people would read my personality based on my bag's contents. Hahaha... Would you say I'm a little OCD?

Hmmm, I wonder...

Sampaguita Pride

3 had something to say:

Unknown said...

I love whats-in-my-bag posts!
Yey for pictures!
Is is true that dark or too colorful lipstick is now allowed in KSA?

The Pink Tarha said...

Hi Lady S! Thank you for reading my bag post! As for your Q on lipsticks, it's generally less strict now in Riyadh, and that includes makeup. But you should still consider where you're going... if it's too public and you don't want to attract too much attention, then stay light. #P

Anonymous said...

I know I'm so late but from where did you get those brushes? :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...