Rockin' Johnny Rockets!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Rockin' Johnny Rockets!

Once a week, I go out with my fave dining buddies - Eyecandy and Sundrenched. They have a knack for finding good places to eat. E in particular is a delight to watch. She not only dines but she savors each flavorful bite. She's a sight to behold, I tell you!

One day, we couldn't decide where to eat so we drew lots and off we went to Johnny Rockets. It's a fancy burger joint along Tahlia Street (across Applebee's). Johnny Rockets has a 1950's diner vibe minus the rollerskating waitresses. I love the decor and the whole concept. The place was well lit and clean. The staff were nice and helpful.

Diner Dash?
It reminds me of Cafe World on Facebook. hehe...
We came in before prayer time but they couldn't serve us immediately because there wasn't enough time to cook the burgers. They grill to order so it takes time. That's okay though because that gave us a lot of time to chat and decide on what to order. What's important is that we were inside the restaurant. While waiting, E gave a colorful analogy of the different "levels" of chilis as she contemplated ordering the Houston Burger, a spicy burger with jalapeƱos and pepper jack cheese. 

Smileys are a fun way to pass the time.
Maybe it's just me but looking at menus makes me dizzy- with hunger. All the mouthwatering descriptions were making me hungry and I couldn't decide on what to order! But one thing was for sure, I was going to get some Fried Mozarella Sticks.

Mozarella Cheese Stick, 18SR.
 
You see I'm a big fan of cheesy food so this was an instant winner for me. Imagine Pizza Hut's stuffed crust pizza... remember the cheesy goodness wrapped in those pizza bread? That's exactly how it tasted. Can you see the cheese popping out of the breading? I'm getting hungry just writing about it. @.@ Cheeeessseeeee...

S's Bacon Cheddar Single. 29SR
E ordered the Houston Burger, S ordered a Bacon Cheddar Single and I ordered a St. Louis. I was a bit overwhelmed by the flavor, I only finished half of it. If you're looking for a meaty, flavorful burger then I think you should try Johnny Rockets.

We also ordered Chili Fries, Grilled Cheese and Rocket Wings! Oh and of course, you don't go to a diner and not order their chocolate shakes. Oh the calories! But what the heck! 

Rocket Wings, 27SR
Chili Fries topped with cheese and chopped onions, 23 SR
Grilled Cheese. 16 SR
Oh the calories! Chocolate milkshake for 19SR

All in all, Johnny Rockets is a good place to hangout with your friends and get stuffed. I'll probably come back for some more Mozarella sticks. Hmmmm.... cheese....



Johnny Rockets
www.johnnyrockets.com
Tahlia St, Riyadh
T: +966-1-2791333


Sampaguita Pride

1 had something to say:

NoBenta said...

sarap! nasubukan ko na rin dyan kaso sa libis branch nila sa pinas!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...