Sampaguita Pride's Year-Ender/Opener Messsage

Friday, December 28, 2012

Sampaguita Pride's Year-Ender/Opener Messsage

My Year With The Pink Tarha

A few weeks ago, one of my students told me that he liked my photo with my "sisters" and I wondered what he meant. I only had one biological sister so I didn't know what he was talking about. Then he continued to describe the ladies in the picture and I realized that he was talking about this photo that was taken during last The Pink Tarha Mornings.


In retrospect, I realized that my student was spot on. The Pink Tarha ladies were indeed my sisters. Each woman uniquely different and each one as dear to me as my own. Slow to anger and quick to forgive, I rely on Shoegarfreeruby for her easy acceptance of people around her. Fiercely passionate about everything and everyone she cares about, I am constantly inspired by Eyecandy to live life to the fullest. And there's Sundrenched, The Pink Tarha's Sun, the ever lasting source of creative energy and ideas. Classy and composed, frank and goal-oriented... the blog would not have thrived this well if not for her consistent desire to reinvent ourselves and the blog.

The day I began writing for The Pink Tarha was truly a turning point for me. To belong to this group is a blessing I so badly yearned for. I sincerely believe that just being with my PT ladies changed my perspective in life and with it, the way I think about myself. I am no longer the bored and insecure Sampaguita Pride. I no longer cringe at opportunities that I think are out of my league. I am more accepting of the things that I cannot change but at the same time more appreciative of the blessings that come in different packaging. Most importantly, I found the courage to step out of my comfort zone and reach for my dreams.

To my Pink Tarha sisters, thank you. You don't know how much you've changed my life and how much I look forward to the days we meet and the endless flow of feel-good-energy I get whenever I am with you girls. I told you before that I always feel high when we step out -- and I mean that. I always come home from our trips feeling happy, blessed and inspired. Thank you for that. Thank you for changing my life. I never knew this could happen in just a year (and a few months).

To our readers, I can't thank you enough for the support you've given us this year. We are awed and overwhelmed by every uplifting message on our blog's comment page and Facebook page. Our online presence is given more meaning and depth because you gave us a chance to touch your lives. You inspire us to become better writers and better individuals. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, thank you!

And so, under the same glare of the Arabian Sun, by the glow of Riyadh's lights at night and in the years to come, we hope that you will continue to support The Pink Tarha, your lifestyle guide to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

Much Love,
Sampaguita Pride


1 had something to say:

Bob said...

You ladies look lovely. Happy New Year :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...