Sundrenched's Year-Ender/Opener Message

Monday, December 31, 2012

Sundrenched's Year-Ender/Opener Message

And then there's just me, one day before the new year. 

2012. What can I say? It's been an epic year for The Pink Tarha and The Pink Tarha ladies. Goals were reached and dreams came true (because they really do come true, even for grown-ups like us). Thank you messages have been delivered by Sampaguita Pride, Shoegarfreeruby, Eyecandy and me in various entries but we know that we cannot thank you enough, dear readers, for the support you've given The Pink Tarha through the years. Our phenomenal 2012 was not possible (and as EPIC) without you. 

Aside from the major LOVE and gratitude that I want to extend to everyone, I want to share to you the lessons I've learned in 2012 that I would love for all of us to carry into 2013. 

1. Make goals and list them down. 
No matter how big or small, goals are what keep us going. It keeps up waking up each day and going to work and doing our chores. Sometimes, we make goals but we forget about them and get sidetracked with other things so to remind us that we have these goals, WRITE THEM DOWN. Or okay, type them in your cellphones or gadgets. It helps to read them from time to time. I listed down 100 goals for 2012 during the first quarter of 2012 and somewhere in the list was the entry "Write 100 entries for The Pink Tarha blog." While I was around 20 entries shy of my goal, they were more than what I imagined in 2011. Another entry was to "Read 50 books in 2012." As of this writing, I already read 60 books. Whether you reached that goal or exceeded it, the feeling of having a goal and doing something about it brings unprecedented happiness and confidence in starting another year.

2. Share your goals.
There's nothing like airing out your ideas to other people, especially people you love and trust who are willing to listen. The Pink Tarha Mornings started as an idea I had when we were eating brunch in a restaurant in the city. If I haven't shared that idea to The Pink Tarha ladies and our friends, it wouldn't have taken flight and happened. Most of the time, if you can't make a goal or a dream happen on your own, it only means it needs the help of others.

3. Don't be shy to ask. ASK!
I have bouts of shyness from time to time (okay, lots of time!). I refuse to ask questions, especially to strangers. But in 2012, I learned to ask freely and confidently. One of my grandmothers was always telling me that there's nothing wrong in asking because what have you got to lose in the first place? For example, when we were asking brands to sponsor our event and they said yes, then that's good! If they said no, what did we lose? And in retrospect, as we always tell you, dear readers, you can ask us anything... even the most random questions that are not related to The Pink Tarha or Riyadh or Saudi Arabia, we answer. Don't be afraid, we don't bite. :P Even if we don't know the answer, we still answer and get back to you. 

4. Compromise.
We receive comments from our women readers on how their husbands are always complaining whenever they ask to go out and around Riyadh. And we receive complaints from men on how their wives are always nagging them to drive them to this mall to shop, shop, shop. While I cannot involve myself in marital spats like that (LOL), I personally learned how compromising works in relationships. For example, weekends can be divided into two. Mornings can be spent at home so your spouse can get his much-deserved rest while nights can be spent outside for some shopping and family activities. It's all about taking into consideration each other's feelings, likes, and dislikes. It shouldn't be that hard. (Really?! ;)

5. Stay positive.
The Pink Tarha has been standing for this motto ever since. There are a lot of negative happenings around us and if we let all those things get to us, we succumb to anger, hate, and sadness, emotions that doesn't really do us any good. Always look at a situation's silver lining. Don't be quick to anger, especially when dealing with other people. You don't know what they are also going through the same way that they didn't know what your life is like. By staying positive, we also stay nice and kind. Of course, I'm not keeping you from being sad. I'm just saying, "Choose to be happy."

6. Don't be afraid.
Most of the people who haven't been to Saudi Arabia and are coming here have this fear of the Kingdom, its laws and its unique culture. The thing is, being afraid prevents you from living a good life. How can you do and try something new if fear paralyzes you into staying home? We're not saying that you go out on your own without thinking of your safety and security. What were saying is, if there's an opportunity for you to do something new, do it! Don't deny yourself of new challenges that might give you joy and pleasure. Enroll in a cooking class, attend The Pink Tarha Mornings, befriend a local, etc. Don't be afraid especially when you're not doing anything wrong. (Cover your hair, lady! ;)

7. Be humble.
Last year, I've had enough of other people saying that we Filipinos like pulling each other down. That we're not happy of each other's success, especially in the workplace and that we tend to wish the worst for other people. While this instances happen, I refuse to believe that all Filipinos are arrogant and cunning like that. Let's continue being grounded and humble. Our successes, while mainly attributed to ourselves, are not entirely possible without the help of other people. 

8. Be thankful.
Sometimes, when everything in our life is going smoothly, we forget to thank the Lord for all the blessings. There are reasons to be thankful every day; utter a prayer to give thanks to whom we owe our life and happiness. We should also thank the people we love and the people who make our life happy. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank my sisters - The Pink Tarha ladies - for believing in me, for going with my "flow" in running The Pink Tarha and our events, for supporting my ideas, and for simply being in my life. Thank you, dear readers, for reading The Pink Tarha and making us a part of your life in Saudi Arabia.

Yes, I just wrote another long entry that possibly bored you to death. Sorry about that. (I do have some tendencies to become a life coach, it's a life long dream... hahaha! Not really!) But I want to remind myself of these things too come 2013. Consider this as part of my list that I will have to read again from time to time next year. Are we ready for 2013 then? Are you ready for a BETTER Pink Tarha in 2013? You better be! We'll be ready for you! ;)

HAPPY NEW YEAR! HAPPY BETTER US in 2013!

Lovelots,
Sundrenched

1 had something to say:

Anonymous said...

you are amazing
keep up the good job

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...