The PEBA 2009 Experience

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The PEBA 2009 Experience

Also, the blog entry which will unveil Sundrenched (yours truly). Please excuse this rather long entry.

This is Sundrenched reporting...

I should have been reporting 'live' from the Pinoy Expats Blog Awards 2009 last December 27, 2009 from the Philamlife Theater in UN Avenue via the Pink Tarha's Twitter and Facebook accounts but that was the day Globe 3G friggin' failed me. Why of all the days?! HU-WHY?! Anyway, despite Globe's major fail, the PEBA 2009 was a good night... no wait, make that a GREAT night!

When I made up my mind to go to the PEBA 2009 and risk being, well, obviously seen and be known as 'Sundrenched,' I was nervous. Being in a crowd is not my cup of tea and honestly, I'm better left behind blurs and bars in photos. Add this to the fact that I will be representing not just myself but the other three beautiful, gorgeous, fabulous, and obviously my very very good friends co-PT ladies Eyecandy, Shoegarfreeruby, and Mary. Why did I get myself into this thing again?! Haha. But I decided to go because this opportunity only knocks once and I am personally proud of the Pink Tarha blog and the Pink Tarha ladies! Thus, I went and experienced first hand PEBA 2009.

Now, how do I dress the part of a Pink Tarha lady? This is probably the hardest part of it, LOL. How do I go there as the avant-garde Eyecandy, the classy Shoegarfreeruby, the laidback Mary, and the posh Sundrenched? How do I roll that into one and come out worthy of the honor bestowed to me by the other PT ladies to represent us all? Well, I just decided to be the 'Pink Tarha' lady... literally and not, haha! And since there's no sense in hiding anymore because PEBA attendees have seen me already, then meet me (please don't be aghast surprised):

Errr... lemme gather myself first...

Hello everyone, I'm Sundrenched! It's nice to meet you! ;)

I guess I really do look better with the blur. Hehehe. I'm wearing the infamous pair of shoes worth nine rials which we featured in one of our earlier entries. I was channeling its charm that catapulted this blog into its cult status. (Echosera! Haha!) Anyway, let's all move on and go into the event proper shall we?

The event was simple and straightforward in a way but it was befitting of the theme. There were some presentations and intermission numbers in between the awards. I'll let the photos do the talking for now (because if you noticed, I've been babbling since the introduction of this entry, I do that when I'm nervous). The list of winners can be found here.

The projected image of the PEBA 2009 logo on stage.

An excerpt from I Am Ninoy musicale by the Philippine Stagers Foundation

One of the bands that introduced me to a different genre of music.

One of the speakers of the night, Ms. Dinky Soliman.

The announcement of winners for the special awards came. And then there were more speeches and songs but the most important part of the night (at least for me) is the moment when they announced that...

THE PINK TARHA Ladies...

and THE PINK TARHA blog won SECOND PLACE!

For a second I thought they were kidding. Apparently not. I know I prepared a speech somewhere in the back of my mind but I was too flustered to remember what I should have said. The spotlight was truly surprising. Sorry for the mess that was me on that stage! Haha!

Stage fright?
Receiving the award with the screen shot of the PT ladies in the background. Award!


I wish I had Eyecandy's eloquence, Shoegarfreeruby's finesse, and Mary's sense of humor while standing on that stage. But more than those, I wish they were there personally with me to accept the award. This award belongs to them. (I miss you girls! :)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
To God Almighty, our families, friends, fellow bloggers, readers and all overseas Filipino workers in the world, this award is for you! We are extremely grateful for the support you've given us and our blog. The Pink Tarha blog was born out of the shopping shenanigans of four Pinays living and working in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and turned into a lifestyle blog that we're really proud of in just a year of being online with your help. First and foremost, we thank God Almighty for everything. Thank you to our fathers who inspired our entry. Thank you to the judges and those who voted for us who deemed us worthy of this honor. Thank you, thank you everyone! Congratulations to all the nominees and the winners! We're honored to be a part of this PEBA 2009's roster of wonderful and insightful blogs and bloggers. (This should have been the speech I gave. Instead, I rambled on like a klutz on stage! Haha!)

Before tears flood in here, let me get back to the event. Now, of course, I didn't leave without having a photo op with the true celebrities of the PEBA night. I was like a fan going up to the PEBA bigwigs and asking for a photo with them. Kulang na lang autograph, hehe!

PEBA 2009 president Mr. Nereus Jethro Abad (Desertaquaforce) and his wife.
Fasyon ever! Fashionista din ang mga anak nila. ;)

PEBA founding chairman Mr. Jebee 'Kenji' Solis.
Aba, eh pumoporma naman pala itong si Mr. Thoughtskoto! It's an honor meeting you sir! :)

The beautiful mother and daughter tandem of Mrs. Sheila Solis (Mrs. Thoughtskoto) and Hevyn.
Sorry for the background of plastic and styro... this was taken at the end of the event when dinner was already being distributed, haha!

Ms. Yanah of Life's A Twitch
She recognized me immediately, hehe! Hindi naman kasi masyadong halata sa damit ko eh. Lol. Thanks for the assistance Yanah! :)

I know I kindda miss a lot of bloggers and people whom I should have approached but I am too shy to do that (I'm the shy type eh! Eyecandy, bawal kumontra! Lol!). I wish to thank my friends and the bf na hinakot ko lang talaga para naman may pumalakpak for the Pink Tarha, hehehe.

My ever supportive friends and moi.
Er, apat kami d'yan pero hindi po sila ang ibang PT ladies. ;) I'm sure the friends of Eyecandy, Shoegarfreeruby, and Mary who relentlessly voted and campaigned for our blog are proud of the 'em too.

The PEBA 2009 was a wonderful night of celebration for the Pinoy expats and I was glad to be a part of it. The Pink Tarha is honored to be a part of this memorable event. A special shout out to Mr. Nebz of Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia for winning the first place! Congratulations po! :)

So you see girls and boys, even though Saudi Arabia is seen as a country of ironies, there's a lighter side to it. The Pink Tarha is convinced that if we can't change things (especially when they're age-old tradition, culture, and religion) in the place we're currently in, then we change our way of looking. After all, even if Saudi Arabia is seen as the country for men, the PT ladies believe that "real men read pink!" ;)

The Pink Tarha will continue to churn out interesting entries for you, including the ones that will probably unveil the other PT ladies as well. Please keep on reading. Shukran katir!

20 had something to say:

A-Z-3-L said...

This is it! Unveiling ONE... can't wait for the others... hahahahaha!

Thank you Sundrenched for your presence during the awards night! and thank you LADIES for sharing your blog to us!

hell yeah... "REAL MEN READ PINK, WEAR PINK, LOVE PINK!" hehehehe!

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF YOU!
Maraming maraming maraming salamat sa inyo!

2ngaw said...

Ay sus!Naka PINK shirt ako ngayon! lolzz

Congrats sa inyo mga Girls :)

My Yellow Bells said...

Congratulations Pink Tarha Girls from all of us here in Dubai!!!

Until next PEBA!

My Yellow Bells said...

I'll add you pla sa blog roll ko. I like your kikya style!!!Add me up ha!!!

Noel Ablon said...

Sana nagdala ka ng tarhang pink para mas realistic hehe. Anyways, congratulations pink tarha. Apat pala kayo - kaya pala apat yung girls na nakatayo sa top banner niyo - sino ka doon? I thought this is maintained by one person only.

Isang pahabol na blessing para sa taong 2009. Baka lampasan niyo pa ang Spice Girls niyan hehe!

Anonymous said...

First, congratulations. I'm proud of your blog.

Secondly, happy new year, girls!

Thirdly, wow! Sundrenched is not really sundrenched; you're a beauty, girl! And I'm glad you've finally unveiled yourself.

(Let me see, what other excuses can we generate to unveil the three other girls? Hhhmmm...)

The Pope said...

You are really gorgeous Ms. Sundrenched just like your 3 partners ^_^

I can still remember NJ's words in our EB in Doha, among the promising bloggers are The Pink Tarha Girls, and i really agree with him, and now the prophecy was fulfilled.

Let's have a toast!!!

Congratulations to you beautiful ladies!!!

mommy ek said...

yey! congrats!

niqabi said...

Congratulations PT Ladies! Mumtaz!..

Just like Kuya Nebz' Isla de Nebz, I knew you're gonna make it..Mabruk..

Hmm oo nga, I wonder kung ano pang event ang makakapag unveil kina M, R, and E? Sana wag naman PEBA 2010, 2011, and 2012 hehehe ang tagal pa nun e..nakakaexcite kaya..

Congratulations ulit..Happy New Year and Godbless you ladies.. :)

mightydacz said...

marhaba !!!!!finally nakita ko na rin si sundrenched....miya miya jamila....

congratz ulit.....

jamie said...

congrats pink taray! i mean tarha.. lol proud of you.. :)

Anonymous said...

congrats, girls!!! Sabi na nga ba eh! ^_^

gege said...

conrats!
naks!
pamasko sa lahat ang iyong pagpapakilala...
happy new year!
:P

Arlini said...

i was surprised to find out that the pink tarha girls are PT's because i am a physical therapist too, hurray for that, but i'm not surprised that you guys won the PEBA blog awards, congrats!

Pinky said...

Congratulations and may this be the beginning of only good things and blessings for 2010!

eyecandy23 said...

@Arlini: Thank you for the felicitations! But we must CLARIFY: We are not Physical Therapists....PT simply stands for "Pink" "Tarha". :D Hee hee. Thank you. Cheers!

Arlini Santorini said...

ohhh sorry, my bad. i thought your Physical Therapist too. :)

Anonymous said...

wah ngayon ko lang ito nalaman. waaah. ehehe. anyway. congrachumalashions. whoooo!

Esoy1216 said...

Congrats! You truly deserve it. Your blog is very interesting even for a man's perspective. You also write so eloquently and funny. More power Pink Tarha!

The Pink Tarha said...

THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...