Shoes in my Shelf

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Shoes in my Shelf

The excitement of opening a box containing new shoes never fails to excite me. The smell of new leather and the sight of precious shoes is something I will never get tired of. My unending love affair with shoes do not stop at having to buy and wear them. With no space to accommodate another pair in my closet, I am now using the shelves to store them. I recently bought these interesting books about shoes:

Trying hard magka-PhD sa Shoe History!

Vintage Shoes


'Vintage Shoes' by Caroline Cox with a foreward by Christian Louboutin

This is for the true-blue shoe fanatic who not only collects vintage and new shoes but wants to learn how shoes came to be. It presented some historical highlights of shoes from over a hundred years ago, detailing the turnaround of every era. I had fun knowing how shoes were intricately made before; from the heavy gold embroidery, to the elegant satin shoes used by Hollywood stars in the 50's. Aside from the beautiful pictures of shoe archives, this book is a great guide in appreciating the greatest shoe designers of the past. The elegant embellished heels of Rogier Vivier are worth noting, as well as the colorful and rebellious platforms of Dame Vivienne Westwood. Brace yourself on this one for some "shoe-awakening".

New Shoes

'New Shoes: Contemporary Footwear Design' by Sue Huey and Rebecca Proctor

Having this book is like having a thousand pair of new shoes! This book showcases an array of innovative designs from contemporary designers who are giving shoes a new turn this generation. From the high-profile houses of Givenchy, Salvatore Ferragamo and Charles Jourdan to the budding designers like Chie Mihara and United Nude, these designers are here to give shoe craftsmanship a whole new twist.

The one thing I love about this book is their feature of my favorite Minna Parikka:

I want all of these...

Oh, and these too!

Sketches coming to life: some hard-to-find Parikka's from my collection.

After reading these books, you'll definitely be tempted to expand your shoe collection. So if you've been too comfortable with your ballet flats, why not try those stilletos you've meaning to wear? The shoes we all came to love are here to stay, so go ahead and strut those heels while you can.

2 had something to say:

My Yellow Bells said...

hi pink tarha, it seems to me that you guys have high sense of fashion. I will suggest a site to you which I think will be one of your favorites..
www.youlookfab.com i dont know if you are aware about this site already but I tell you its worth the visit.

shoegarfreeruby said...

@ Yellow Bells: thanks for the heads up on that! yes, i came across with this site one time, had a quick browse and enjoyed it (aside from the many others i regularly read). cheers and thank you for visiting!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...