Pork'et Nasa Pinas

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Pork'et Nasa Pinas

OFWs in Saudi Arabia, what do you miss most? I'm sure 'family' is your first answer but on your list, I'm sure to find various products that can only be found in the Philippines. I'm guessing pork is in that long list. As you know, pork and pork products are prohibited in Saudi Arabia. (Kaya wag nang pasaway please lang!) Most OFws await their vacation to the homeland to fill their tummies with pork. I confess, that's what I did during my first few weeks. Ngayon, sawang sawa na ako sa pork, lol.

Because I've been eating too many pork since I landed in Manila, I'd like to share some. Sorry, pictures lang muna. Hintayin ko na lang magbakasyon din kayo. Hehe. Someone will definitely kill me for making him/her drool over these cholesterol-inducing meat! I apologize for making you envious of delicious, juicy, and succulent feast. I expect your mouth to water this very minute. Yes, like right now! Here are some of the Philippines' finest pork viands! :)

Lechon Kawali by Museum Cafe (Greenbelt, Makati)

Dinakdakan by Gerry's Grill (Glorietta 5, Makati)

Inihaw na Liempo by Gerry's Grill (Glorietta 5, Makati)

Sisig by Gerry's Grill (Glorietta 5, Makati)

Sauteed lechon kawali by Rose Bowl (La Union)

Lumpiang Shanghai by Rose Bowl (La Union)

Binagoongang Baboy by Silverio's (Pangasinan)

Adobo with Garlic by Fely J's Kitchen (Greenbelt 5)

The mother of all pork viands... LECHON!


You'll find the best lechon in Cebu but lechon in other parts of the country are quite satisfying too. Basta may crispy skin! Not included in the photos is my fave pork product: longganisa (from Vigan FTW!). Surprisingly, I'm still eating lots of chicken meals, even if I mostly eat chicken in Saudi Arabia.

Bon appetit!

§undrenched, blogging from MNL

6 had something to say:

Noel Ablon said...

Grabe! Kumalam sikmura ko dito ah. Walang baboy dito sa Jeddah, nang-iingit ka ah!

Theonoski said...

oh no, after seeing this pictures parang gusto ko ulit umorder ng baboy, kahit naSR75 per kilo sha!

Sundrenched said...

Oops, I'm sorry for making your mouth water guys! :P Yup, I heard there are seriously overpriced pork being sold in Saudi. Lagot! :P

Anonymous said...

Nahomesick naman ako! Matagal na rin kaming d kumakain sa Gerry's Grill! And yes, nagutom ako ng husto sa mga photos mo.

Choless, Sundrenched, cho-less-teroll!

Pinky said...

Sisig!!!! To-die-for :) Literally - kasi pag nahuli ka dito may baboy - patay ka! Hahaha! :)

Glad you're relishing your porkfest in Manila!

Ternohan lang ng exercise para di "deadly" (*wink*)...

Les said...

...OMG! yum yum yumm!! gusto ko na umuwi sa Pinas! hmm, did you girls write anything about our Pinoy Streetfoods? :D

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...