Q&A Portion 7

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Q&A Portion 7

Miss our question and answer portion? We've received questions over the weekend and two today that prompted us to publish our 7th compilation. Here yah go!

1. As a single female in Saudi with an iqama, if I want to fly to Riyadh, do I need to book transportation in advance? Will they let me out of the airport alone? Could you recommend a taxi driver? Great blog by the way.
Eyecandy traveled from Riyadh to Jeddah via Saudi Airlines before for a business trip and she did not have any problems so we're guessing you're allowed to do so. Only married women without their guardians (husbands) are probably questioned but if you're single and your iqama is that of an employee (not a dependent), then you're allowed to enter other KSA provinces and there's no interrogation counter in the airport to ask you. You will, however, go through a local customs stall for stuff you need to declare. There's a taxi service in the airport and you can just approach the concierge for your transpo needs. We also know of Hala, the taxi service used mostly by hospital employees but can also be used by visitors (or anyone in Riyadh). You can call them in advance at (01)442-7244. Thank you very much for reading our blog and we hope you enjoy your stay in Riyadh!
2. Hi! Mabrook! I love your blog. Keep it up! Anyway, I just want to ask you if you can suggest any affordable and nice flower shops in Riyadh. Thanks.
There are a lot of flower shops in Riyadh and most of them are found near hospitals (i.e. Military Hospital in Abu Bakr Ar Razi Street). A single long-stemmed rose from these flower shops go for SR5 each. A nice bouquet is SR50 and above. For imported and first class flowers, there's Gardenia (01-2166886). We happen to pass by the store in one of our forrays into Tahalia Street, the busiest, most popular cafe street in Riyadh. We got curious and went inside. The shop sells elegant black roses which go for SR60 a piece! (You also need to buy them in bulk.) The roses are so expensive but you get what you pay for. The roses are beautiful and exquisite. They also have tulips from Holland. For flower arrangements for events, try Unique Brothers (01-8101631). Thank you for reading our blog!
3. I am searching for Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion Kit. Can you help me where to purchase it. I'm from Al-Kharj. Thanks.
We've seen a lot of Olay products in groceries and hypermarkets in Riyadh, particularly in Hyper Panda. There are also some in the nearby bakala (stores). But we haven't seen the Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion Kit anywhere. Or maybe, we were not also looking hard enough because no one among us uses it. We also looked at the Olay Arabia site and the kit is not available there. To be sure, you may want to contact Olay Saudi Arabia's consumer service at 800-244-0039 or +966-2-657-4751 (Jeddah). Good luck! When we happen to not find in the Kingdom the beauty products or tools that work best on our skin, we ask friends who are going home to the Philippines to buy them for us and take the products with them back to Riyadh or... we just buy them in Ebay. Lol. Please keep reading our blog! :)
4. Hey, I love your blog. Do you know any tattoo artists in Riyadh? Good ones?
Hi there, thanks for liking our blog. Nope, sorry. We do not know of any tattoo artists in Riyadh. And we are not sure if tattoos are even permitted here. Most people who have them usually hide their tattoos because tattoos are frowned upon in this side of the world.
5. Hi Pink Tarha, I just moved to KSA from the land Down Under, Australia. I would like to get my acrylic nails done. Can you tell me where in Riyadh I can get this. Cheers! - Denise
Hi Denise! Hmn, we are not aware of any acrylic nails services but some beauty salons might offer them. Call Yibreen (01-4411115), Lavania (01-4429966), or Elle et Vous (01-2932002) beauty salons and ask if they offer this service. For nail products, visit Nazih Trading Co. along Olaya Road. It's beside Centria Mall and Habitat furniture store. They offer O.P.I nail polishes, hand and nail care sets, and beauty salon products like scrubs and facials.
6. Hello. I am staying in Jubail now. I am an Indian and looking for Indian beauty parlors in Jubail. Can you please help me out in this matter?
Hi, we really wish we can but the Pink Tarha ladies are living in Riyadh. We haven't been to Jubail (but we'd love to visit this industrial city soon). We'll be able to help if you're in Riyadh but since you're not, we can't vouch for any beauty salons there.To our readers in Jubail (if ever we have one), please recommend beauty salons you go to.
So that's it for our seventh installment of Q&As. We also answer questions from our readers in Facebook. Head on over to FB and like our The Pink Tarha page. Pretty please? Thank you very much! :)

3 had something to say:

Rushda said...

Hi! I'll be flying to Riyadh soon, can you please tell me if I can bring a bunch or two of dried curry leaves in my luggage?

Its the key ingredient to some of our dishes and I didn't find it there last time I came.

I know poppy seeds and nutmeg is banned. Don't know about curry leaves...Thanks!

Krishna - Riyadh said...

Hi girls Krishna here (My life in riyadh and beyond) long time literally I deleted my old blog and now trying to get back via my new one... I will link you girls again ha. Heres my new blog:

http://buhaydesyerto.blogspot.com/

You really dont want a cbox ha. I suggested that a long time backor am I just not seeing it because Im technically challenged hehe.

The wife of my boss owns the Nailshop at the Kingdom Tower maybe that can help one of your readers.

take care

Krishna

The Pink Tarha said...

Oh hi Krishna! We're glad you have a new blog. We've been waiting for your updates on your old one. :) A Cbox? Hmn, if you're technically challenged, we are too. Lol. Thanks for the suggestion though. We're liking our FB page more in terms of "chatting" with our readers (through the comment on our walls).

Do you have the contact number for the Nailshop in the Kingdom Tower? Kindly post it so our reader can read it. :)

Btw, we know you. Okay, not personally but a friend is your friend. Something like that. Hehe.

Congratulations on the new blog! We'll be linking you too. Thank you! :)

[comment is cross-posted in your blog]

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...