Pink Sampaguita

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Pink Sampaguita

Ohhh my first post! Hmmm... where to start? I suppose I should start with how I eventually became a Pink Tarha lady. ^_^

Well, it all started out as a THESIS proposal for grad school. Yes, really. @.@

I was supposed to propose a study related to Development Communication... (stuff like poverty, gender equality, sustainability, etc....) but I have this aversion to research and my brain automatically shuts down when I hear the word thesis... so I ended up proposing a gazillion number of topics, each of them irrelevant to my course. *nosebleed* Of course my prof rejected them and urged me to think out of the box.

Then!  *light bulb*

Hello, Pink Tarha! I've been looking at all the wrong places, when the answer was right in front of me! Di'ba I was friends with E? And she's part of this group of empowered women who debunks the common misconception of life in Saudi Arabia! Plus, my prof thought it was a really interesting topic related to my course! Yay! Approved topic! Yay!

I did a lot of background research on Riyadh as a restrictive society. I interviewed the PT ladies about their blog and how it evolved into a lifestyle guide, empowering their readers with their witty and kikay posts. My topic and research eventually led me closer to the rest of the Pink Tarha ladies... It just amazed me, how these ladies had so much energy and zest for life in Riyadh. Something that I did not allow myself to experience.

Hanging out with E every week, and meeting the rest of the ladies, opened my eyes to the possibilities that Riyadh had to offer... if only I would open the proverbial door.

So when I was offered a chance to contribute and be a member of The Pink Tarha... how I can say no? Actually, it was more of: How many ways can I say YES!? How can I say no to something that will enrich and empower me during my stay in Saudi Arabia? :)
  
So here I am and loving every moment of it. :)

Since The Pink Tarha is a collaborative blog, we each get to contribute topics that are close to our hearts... I'll be posting about health and wellness. Basically anything that will help renew the fabulous YOU! Think exercise routines and do-it-yourself beauty remedies (that I personally try), charity work, personal improvements and what-nots... and of course food and shopping (definitely, something all the PT ladies have in common!) 

So let's renew ourselves by soaking up the Arabian sun like Sundrenched, spreading love with a smile like Eyecandy, basking in all of life's simple pleasures like Shoegarfreeruby and drawing out our dreams in this sandbox called Riyadh... Let's live life to the fullest!

Here's to an empowered year, ladies!


Much Love,
Sampaguita Pride <3



P.S.  I got 1.25 for that thesis proposal. Oh di'ba bongga. :)

2 had something to say:

Pinaywriter said...

Congrats, She!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Ninz :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...