USA is in Town! (So is the H1N1 Virus)

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

USA is in Town! (So is the H1N1 Virus)

Close friends know that I am a huge (if not incredibly embarrassing) fan of Barack Obama, especially during the 2008 electoral campaign season. News of him arriving in Saudi soil brought a shortstop to the beat of my heart and I immediately imagined ways of how I can get past the Secret Service just to have an audience with the Man of the Century. :D I know it's a long shot, but Barack, if you're reading this, call me! *hehehe*

It's a rare treat to see flags of America lining up the roads (those that are leading to the King's Royal Palace, that is). Here are some shots on my way to work:

The view from my ride: USA and KSA flags.


Hmmm....makapag McDo nga later. :P


Unfortunately, early this morning as my officemates and I had breakfast, there had been spinning rumors that there is a woman being isolated in our hospital for a possible case of the H1N1 virus. There was minimal panic as it seemed like everyone was waiting for a confirmation from the higher-ups. It was until this afternoon that our Chief Executive Director officially announced the confirmed case. *sigh* Of the HUNDREDS of hospitals around Saudi Arabia, our hospital was the one hit! Oh well, time to wear a mask now!

News on the first case of Swine Flu hitting Riyadh can be found here.


Be safe everyone!

-ec-

5 had something to say:

The Pink Tarha Team said...

Unfortunately, the first victim is one of our own... a Filipina. May she get well soon.

The Pink Tarha girls fervently hope and pray that the swine flu be effectively contained and treated/cured as soon as possible.

Ken said...

Talaga palang meron na, nakakatakot, pero contained na di ba? I mean okay na may treatment naman. Salamat sa news na ito PT Girls!

Ken said...

Barack is in Saudi!!! wahhhhhhhhh! hehehe, ang galing naman, medyo natabunan kami ng news about some things lately eh.

NJ Abad said...

Praying for your divine protection as you are exposed in your workplace.

May our kabayan get well soon!

By the way, say hi to Barack Obama when he calls you girls...

Anonymous said...

Nakita mo ba si Hussein?

I'm going home next week and I pray that I won't be the second in record when I return on first week July.

Hindi na lang muna ako hihinga sa Pinas at saka sa mga airports na dadaanan ko.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...