I Bought a Skirt and a... <i>Sando</i>!

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I Bought a Skirt and a... Sando!

"What the heck is H&M?"

I'm sure you guys (aka men) are as bewildered (with raised eyebrows and crumpled foreheads) as my dad who have to ask that question thrice after I told him I was going to the H&M opening in Sahara Mall with the other Pink Tarha girls. I could have told a countless more familiar reasons like I have to grab a book, have dinner, or meet a friend but I just have to tell the truth! Bummer! Anyway, even though my father was clueless about H&M, he decided it was one of my fancy shmanzy likes that he'll not hear the end of if he insisted I stay put. (May bratinella factor?! Hahah! Joke.)

I share the same feelings with the girls about shopping in H&M but a little more subdued than Shoegarfreeruby's heartpounding "roam-grab-do not think about it-buy" scenario. (But I do understand her feeling. Hehe!) Shoegarfreeruby showed you how she hoarded (adik! hehe!) items on her entry while Eyecandy will surely post her fun H&M entry next so I'm changing directions a little bit to give you what the experience was like for me. In two pictures. (Two lang?! Hehe!)

H&M items in my virtual world. (click photo to read)

We really prepped for the H&M experience by envisioning ourselves through H&M's online dressing room thus the avatars. To tell you the truth, I'm also like my dad, clueless on wth H&M is, before I went here in Saudi and met the PT Girls. I thought it was a rootbeer like A&W, wtf! Hahaha!

I did not bring home lots of stuff from the opening day because I am not a shopaholic. I AM NOT A SHOPAHOLIC. Yes, I just typed that and you read that right. But wait, there's more! I am not a shopaholic... if it's not the sale season! So, I only brought home two clothing items and a few accessories from H&M's opening day!

H&M items in my real world (aka closet and dresser).
(click photo to read)

A skirt and a sando for the Drama Queen?! Haha. I don't know what look I'm going for in this. I just thought 'I don't want to be girly-girly in a skirt so why don't I pair it with a rugged sando so I end up looking like I'm just chillin' out or lounging around'?! Haha!

So what the heck is H&M?
You know what, I really don't care. If it perks me up and make me feel pretty about myself and glad that I'm living in this place, then I don't even want to know what the letters H&M stand for.

PS. Guys please, the mere fact that you are from Mars and women are from Venus, says that we're poles apart in almost all aspects of life, and that includes shopping. So don't raise your eyebrows on us and don't go "what the...?!" just because we find happiness in our purchases while you go all macho in purchasing just the "basic" stuff. By the way, an LCD tv or Nokia N96 is not considered as "basic." :P And yes, we really take time in deciding kaya pwedeng mag-sorry naman?! :P Besides, women admire men who know how to wait. Keep up with us, please?! Hehehe.

3 had something to say:

Anonymous said...

I think I am still a guy...eyecandy23 tried to rub off some shoppingness but I still don't have the aptitude you ladies have. ^^

Sundrenched said...

@sugarcoated cynic: you're not a guy! haha! you're still a girl, just not as "shoppers" as we are. understandable. :P

Anonymous said...

hi just read this article and happen to read the label of H&M merchandise in our closet and thought this might help, H&M is HENNES & MAURITZ

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...