Love Ko 'To!

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Love Ko 'To!

My friend in the Philippines asked me one day: "How's the McDo there?" I replied, "Er, fine?!" Should I do my research and check how it's holding up in this financial crisis time? Hehe, okay, that's not what he meant! I told him it's the same as the McDonald's he'll find all over the world.

(Disclaimer: This happened before the holy week.) I was inspired by his question that I decided to visit the nearest McDo from our flat. As if I needed much prodding.

This sign beckons and who am I to say 'no'?

In the Philippines, memorize ko by heart ang mantra ng mga gutom: "DIAL 8-MCDO (6236)!" In the former office, we start our day with McD's hash browns, pancakes, and big breakfasts. We were amazed by their delivery service. It rarely fails us. If it fails us, we just walk to the nearby branch. It's a pick between two branches. Alam mo naman ang McDo satin, parang 7 Eleven lang sa dami.

Drive Thru woooh!

In Saudi Arabia, drive thru seems the easiest way to order especially when you're a lady whose parents are not fond of fastfood food and not too keen on eating in family sections.

Tao po?!

I realized the answer I gave to my friend was not enough. While it's true that the menu of McDo Saudi Arabia is pretty much the same as the Philippines, there are offerings present and missing. The Mc Crispy Chicken and the sweet spaghetti are a no-show here. However a choice of S/M/L in fries and drinks is available. And, this one is not available in the Philippines:

McArabia, SR16 for the meal

Arabian bread with chicken patties (shawarma, sosyal version?)

If you're going to invent a McPinas, what will it be? I'm thinking of a huge pandesal with adobo filling! Hehe.

Love ko 'to!
(Seems like I never left Pinas in terms of McDo's packaging!)

I was supposed to have a photo of a double cheeseburger to show the size of burgers here but my brother whose been hating me for stopping him from eating immediately to take pictures of the food had his revenge by eating his burger while I was busy shooting my McArabia! Grrr. Hay, next time na lang ulit.

Btw, the fries are still good, as crispy as ever! ;P

The Pink Tarha Girls' McDo Picks
Eyecandy23: McArabia
Shoegarfreeruby: McRoyale
Sundrenched: McArabia
Maryhadalittlehump: (on vacation)

6 had something to say:

Ken said...

Haha! Nakakagutom talaga dito sa mga post niyo, at magaling ka na Ms. Sundrenched na ad marketing ng mcdo.

Bakit nga lang sobrang mahal dito sa Saudi!

mommy ek said...

ako nman prang sawang sawa n sa mcdo. di ko n tlga kyang kumain pa ng fries nila.super sawa na.kc ang fastfood lang na mlpit sa place namen here in japan is mcdo and kfc and i always choose mcdo kc wlang gravy sa kfc e. hehe :D

Nebz said...

Happy Easter to you Sundrenched, Sugar, Mary and Candy (hinulaan ko lang ang pangalan nila, and I guess your name is Sandy?).

Anyway, ito na nga ang blog for Saudi living for Pinoys! You always amaze me with your reviews of the food chains in Saudi.

Love ko to sa SAudi McDo: garden salad and McArabia chicken. The best!

Sundrenched said...

@Mr. Thoughtskoto: Wish ko lang bayaran nila ako sa aking McDo promotion! Hehe. pwede nang lifetime supply of burgers (and McArabia, of course!) :P

@mommy EK: Yep, nakakasawa din ang McDo... Sana lang may crispy chicken dito (broasted chicken version?!) Hehe. Thanks for visiting our site! :)

@Nebz: Sandy? Hmn, nice name. Unfortunately, it's not my name. Hehe. I'm glad we share the same taste for McArabia! But garden salad? Ugh, not a veggie person here! Hehehe! Buti ka pa at eating healthy pa rin sa fastfood. Thanks Nebz! :)

Nebz said...

Sandra?

8McDo said...

mukhang masarap ung mcarabia. it must be nice to try different mcdo of different countries. or different kfc or jolibee. i heard sa france there is a mcdo in front of the louvre. sarap din siguro kumain dun.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...