DUO, Round Two

Sunday, September 6, 2009

DUO, Round Two

We're still not over DUO, well, I don't think we'll ever get over it.

I decided to treat my family in DUO for my birthday celebration (hindi rin makaget-over sa birthday celeb eh noh?!) and to check out if our wonderful first impression on this place and its food will be the same. I'll just leave you with the photos and brief comments because I think we've raved about DUO enough and as you can see, we're still raving about it.

Still dining al-fresco.

Ceiling to a new height.

One of the highlights of eating in DUO is their al-fresco setting. It's still covered but at least we do not have to cramp ourselves in a booth with heavy curtains wherein waiters have to knock every time they bring in food. I love to see and hear the hustle and bustle of a restaurant so I get immersed in the culture that goes with the theme. French-Italian you say? Ah, fabuleux! Delizioso!

Iced tea and free bread, a refreshing introduction.

Smoked salmon, SR46
Served with toasts (which is light but filling!) and lemon wedges

Crispy shrimps, SR36
Breaded shrimps and tartar sauce
More shrimps please!

Lentil soup, SR12
With cream, served with toasted croutons

Spaghetti di pollo with curry, SR32
Pasta with fried chicken, green peas, pineapple, and cream
The curry's not overpowering. Definitely not nakakasuya.

Veal picatta with lemon sauce, SR79
Grilled thin slices of veal served with mashed potatoes and lemon sauce
The meat's really tender.

Tournedos of beef with mushroom sauce, SR69
Served with fries and vegetables for the day
Steakhouse anyone?

Grilled salmon
(sorry, forgot to take the price and description).
The salmon's a bit dry but it's healthy! :P

It was another delightful dinner! However, the vegetables can use more variety. The family was choking on beans and carrots already, hehe. I know the dishes are not meant for sharing especially with this setup but you know how Filipino families are. We like to share... and taste everything (even if it means stealing a piece from the plate of your glaring brother!). I hope they introduce other side dishes to compliment the meat. And no, that's not all that we ordered. Some were already featured in E's post so I won't repeat it here. I'm sure you're wondering how we maintained our Parisian grace and poise when all we did was lamon!

If you think we're finished, you've got to be kidding! There's always room for dessert... er, dessertS!

Pain perdu, SR25
Don't stress yourself out in trying to pronounce this dessert's name. Just say "french toast."

Chocolate sundae

Banana Split

E's favorite... Chocolate fondant, which I will post again because just look at this thing... very sweet and enticing and oozing with... Stop licking your monitors, LOL! (As per E's recom, you're supposed to lick this off from someone else's body! Hehehe!)

There. Done! If you still haven't tried DUO, then what are you waiting for?! Don't wait around for our third entry on this place! Oh okay, maybe you should wait until the last prayer time is over! ;)

PS. It's a -ber month already! Oh how time flies. :)

7 had something to say:

mightydacz said...

oh wow the second time around at dou sad to say im here now in jeddah and dou is in riyadh hindi ko na try so anyways i love the photos.....hanggang tingin na lang....so kumusta naman ang mga weight as in timbang ng mga TPT ladies...lol lol lol tumaas ba....

Trainer Y said...

im hungry huhuhu

hahahahaha

A-Z-3-L said...

nakakagutom...

i like the beef with mushroom sauce and the grilled salmon!

yum! yum!

NJ Abad said...

I'll just wait till the resto opens here in Jeddah and try it!
You should get paid as PR of Duo. The pix make my mouth to water!

Anonymous said...

I'm travelling with a friend to Riyadh on 16th. My friend loves cooking and I teasingly call him chef because he only cooks fine dining cuisine (so unlike me because I can only cook pambahay na ulam! hehe).

So I guess we'll try Duo. Lagot sa akin ang grilled salmon na yan!

And oh dear, that spaghetti de pollo with curry looks curry-ish. Last on my list (hehe ulit!).

Anonymous said...

lalo tuloy akong nagutom. argh.

Gatto999 said...

Ciao from Italy =^.^=

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...